At the start of a new year, many people feel refreshed, invigorated, and raring to go. They love the idea of a clean slate and a fresh start, and they’re ready to take on life, love, and career with the ferocity of a hungry lion.
I have to admit, I am not one of those people.
Because I, after a long and arduous holiday season and a crazy hectic fourth quarter in my business, am exhausted. I’m feeling more in need of a long vacation than a challenging day at work. I feel like I’m in a rut.
From time to time, a variety of drag-me-down emotions are bound to strike any one of us. No one’s immune. But when you start to get that I don’t wanna feeling, don’t fret. There are some simple things you can do to re-energize your business (and your life), and I’m going to share 5 of them with you today.
- Get Organized. Nothing makes me feel more weighed down and stressed out than the chaos of clutter. That means my desk and my office, my email inbox, even my closet and my car. The first steps to reclaiming my zen are to get rid of the junk and give myself a clean canvas to work from.
- Reconnect. With old friends, old clients, colleagues, even that nice girl you met at that blogging conference last year. You’ve got her business card somewhere, isn’t it time to reach out to her? When I’m in a rut, nothing helps propel me out of it like visiting with a friend or brainstorming with a colleague.
- Create. Seriously, nothing in the world re-energizes me like creating something. For me, that might mean writing something, or creating a piece of art. It might even mean cooking. In what ways are you creative? Allow your creative side to bring you out of a funk, and then step back and admire your new creation.
- Research. Read a book, surf the internet, read blogs. Do whatever it takes to get all the dirt on something that you feel passionate about, especially if it relates to your business. Learn something new and let that new found knowledge light a brand new fire in you.
- Relax. While there’s no time like the present to bust your butt to take your business to the next level, you can’t do it if you’re exhausted and worn down. Take a break. Give yourself a day off. Heck, take 2 days. Take a week if it’s what you need. Allow yourself a change of scenery and a little me time, so that when you come back to reality, your mind is clear and you’re ready to change the world.
What do you do when you feel yourself slipping into a rut? How do you re-energize your business… and your life? I’d love to hear about it in a comment below!
If you liked this post, take a look at these!
Latest posts by Christina Berry (see all)
- 5 Tips to Prepare for Being Away From the Office - March 6, 2017
- 6 Things to Do at Night to Ensure a Successful Morning - February 27, 2017
- 3 Reasons to Partner With a Virtual Assistant in 2017 - February 20, 2017