Most bloggers are constantly searching for better ways to generate traffic to their blogs. More traffic equals more readers and potentially more business.
Today I want to let you in on one of my favorite mobile tools that is also available in web version.
Flipboard is your personal online magazine. It’s a great source for trending and breaking news; however, it’s just not a “news” hub. Bloggers are utilizing Flipboard to get their blog content seen and bring new visitors to their sites!
If you have a blog, then you should definitely have an online magazine filled with your blog content! What better way to showcase your work!
How Do You Set it Up?
First, start by going to their website, Flipboard. You can scroll through the website, or you can jump right in and create your magazine!
- In the top, right corner Select “Get Started.”
- You can Sign Up using your Facebook credentials or use your name and valid email address.
- Once you’re logged in, Select your “icon” in the top, right corner. This will take you to your profile.
- Complete your Name, Headline, and an a Profile Image.
- Then Select “New Magazine”.
- Create the “Title”. I suggest you use your actual Blog Name.
- Enter a “Description”.
- Choose whether you want it to be “Public” or “Private”. Hint: If you want to generate traffic from your magazine to your blog, choose Public.
Next, you will be prompted to allow people to contribute to your magazine. If you’re a sole blogger, I wouldn’t invite anyone. However, if you have contributors or a team that you trust in helping you out, by all means invite them.
Please return to your Profile to ensure you now have a magazine listed under your name and title. From here you can either share it with others or edit it. Since you just created it, there isn’t any content so let’s add some!
Let’s look at the right of our icon. You will see something that says “Signed In As” and your profile name. Click the down arrow and Select “Help and Feedback”. This will take you to a very useful screen, as well as Tutorials and Help.
Please scan through this at your leisure to learn more ways to utilize Flipboard and your online magazine.
For now, I want you to look at the top, right corner and select “Tools”. There are many useful “tools” on this page:
- Flipit Chrome Extension – Very good tool so please add it!
- A “Share” button you can add to your blog.
- A “Follow” Button
- Create a magazine image for your blog. You can see this in action by clicking here and scroll down the right sidebar until you see it. —MGPMag. Highly recommend you make one and add to your blog.
Now that you learned what the tools are, let’s use them!
Using the Tools
Go to your blog and select one of your articles, and use either the “Flipit” Chrome Extension or whatever other tool you added, and “flip” your article into your magazine! Seeing how you just have one magazine, that is the one that will be selected.
You can add a description, select social media platforms to share it to and select “Add”!
There you have it! Share all your blog content into your Flipboard magazine. In a month or even a few weeks, check your analytics and see how much traffic is coming from Flipboard! I highly recommend viewing the online Flipboard tutorial. It explains so much more than I can write in less than 600 words.
Are you already using Flipboard to promote your blog? If not, do you think it’s something you’ll try?
This is a guest post from Brenda Pace. Brenda is a Virtual Assistant who specializes in Web Design, Blog Management, and Administrative Support. She has over 28 years experience as an Assistant, as well as over 5 years in web design and blogging. Please visit her website at www.brendapace.net.
If you liked this post, take a look at these!
Latest posts by Christina Berry (see all)
- 8 Ways to Build Your Personal Brand - June 21, 2017
- 5 Tips for a Great Staycation (Even When You Work from Home) - June 13, 2017
- 5 Tips for Working at Home with Kids - May 17, 2017