As a blogger or small business owner, have you ever considered bullet journaling?
The open ended creativity of bullet journaling, combined with the simplicity of keeping your thoughts, appointments, and lists organized, is so appealing that it has recently exploded in popularity.
While you don’t really need anything other than a journal and a pen for bullet journaling, there are a few fun accessories that really take this “hobby” to the next level.
What do you need for bullet journaling?
- A journal. You can journal in a blank notebook, a composition book, or whatever you like. One of the most popular options is a journal with a dot grid. While you still have plenty of room to be creative with this nearly blank slate, it does give you a general guide for making straight lines and boxes, and that’s super important to many of us! Click here to see one of my personal favorites. It’s not a dot grid, but don’t you just love all the colors you can choose!
- Pens. Gel pens are a favorite of most bullet journalers they flow smoothly and have bright intense pigments, but of course you can also use your favorite pen, marker, or pencils. Just be sure they don’t bleed through and ruin the other side of your pages. I love Paper Mate Flairs, again because there are so many bright and happy colors to choose from!
- Stickers. Oh to be a kid again! But wait, nowadays you don’t have to be a kid to play with stickers! Bullet journaling gives you an excuse to use fun themed stickers to decorate your pages. There are even functional stickers to highlight important tasks and reminders. I buy many of my stickers from oh so talented shop owners over on Etsy. LOVE!
- Washi Tape. I don’t personally use a lot of washi tape for planning and bullet journaling, but it’s so popular! You can use it to divide up your sections and add a pop of color to your pages. There are oh so many designs, colors, and patterns of washi tape to choose from, and as with stickers, you can also find it on Etsy.
- Divider Tabs. Tabs are an easy at a glance way to mark various sections in your bullet journal or planner: grocery lists, to do lists, notes, etc.
- Ruler. Even if you’re using a dot grid journal, a small ruler is really great to have on hand for making lines and boxes, especially if you are obsessive about straight lines. This 6 inch version is perfect to keep with your supplies.
- Creative Lettering. If you feel like your handwriting leaves a little something to be desired, this creative lettering book teaches techniques for pretty hand lettering.
- Tote Bag. A pretty tote bag is a great way to keep your bullet journal and all your supplies organized and ready. Making lists and designing your pages is a great way to kill time waiting in the car pool line or at doctor appointments, so a tote bag makes grab and go planning a snap. I really love this one for all the pockets to hold pens, tape, and other fun items in addition to your journal or planner.
Are you into bullet journaling and/or planning? I’d love for you to share your must-have items with me in a comment below!
This post contains affiliate links which means that if you follow one of these links and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Of course you are never obligated to make your purchase using my links, but please know that I will never share a product or service with you unless I truly believe it will benefit you, your business, and your customers and readers.
If you liked this post, take a look at these!
Latest posts by Christina Berry (see all)
- 3 Reasons to Partner With a Virtual Assistant in 2017 - February 20, 2017
- 7 Habits For a Great Morning Routine - February 13, 2017
- 6 Things Your Social Media Manager Should Be Doing for You - February 6, 2017