If you are a blogger who’s looking for a fun and interesting way to make money from your blog, my advice is affiliate marketing.
What’s affiliate marketing, you ask. Well, let me enlighten you! Affiliate marketing is an almost effortless way to earn a passive income by simply promoting products and/or services you use and love, and your blog is an amazing platform for doing it.
Pat Flynn‘s definition is even better than mine:
Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s (or company’s) products. You find a product you like, promote it to others and earn a piece of the profit for each sale that you make.”
Sounds great, doesn’t it? Who wouldn’t love to make money without exerting much effort, even while you’re sleeping?
But how can a blogger get started with affiliate marketing? The first step is to sign up for affiliate networks like Amazon, Shareasale, and LinkShare. There are many affiliate networks out there, but these are my personal favorites.
So once you’re all signed up, then what? Keep reading as I share 5 ways to use affiliate marketing to make passive income.
- Optimize old blog content with affiliate links. If you’re like most bloggers, you’ve probably been writing about your favorite products and services for a long time. Now that you’ve joined some affiliate programs, go back through those old posts and add affiliate links. This is especially important to do on your most popular posts.
- Write a round-up post. Create a post showcasing your favorite blogging tools or must-have home office items. This gives you a chance to use affiliate links while recommending items that you use on a daily basis.
- Use affiliate banners in high visibility spots on your website. The space between the end of your blog post and the comment section is a great location for an affiliate banner. Your sidebar and/or footer area is also good, but I recommend using only one or 2 banners in these areas. You don’t want your blog to look like the side of a NASCAR, after all.
- A holiday gift guide is a great way to feature products that you love and use on a regular basis. Create a gift guide through a blog post or a newsletter mailing, and let your readers know your gift suggestions for the holidays.
- Embrace video by including a short video of yourself using a product that you love. Your readers will appreciate seeing exactly how you use the items you’re recommending to them.
These are just a few of the fun and easy ways you can use affiliate links to make passive income on your blog. Do you have other ideas? I’d love for you to share them with me in a comment below!
If you liked this post, take a look at these!
Latest posts by Christina Berry (see all)
- 5 Ways to Create Strong Passwords - July 9, 2017
- 8 Ways to Build Your Personal Brand - June 21, 2017
- 5 Tips for a Great Staycation (Even When You Work from Home) - June 13, 2017