Working from home, I listen to a lot of podcasts throughout the workday. I’ve become kind of obsessed with them, in fact. While my absolute favorite podcasts aren’t related to freelancing or solopreneurship at all (like Serial and the Judge John Hodgman podcast), there are some that I enjoy listening to as part entertainment/part continuing education. Here are 6 podcasts for solopreneurs that I’m loving for that reason right now.
- Strong Opinions Loosely Held. This one is brand new, so you can’t go binge listening, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Instagram Insecurities episode as someone who does a bit of social media management for her business.
- Being Boss. These two ladies cover it all when it comes to freelancing and solopreneurship. I loved the “chalkboard method” they mentioned in episode #48 and used a similar method when I had more space in my schedule than I was comfortable with a few months ago. Lots of content to go through.
- The Lively Show. Jess also has a ton of content available already to binge listen or pick and choose from. She’s actually got her episodes categorized into different types, like Motherhood, Wellness, Blogging, Business, etc., so you can find exactly what you’re interested in pretty quickly.
- #Girlboss Radio. I’m newer to this podcast, but Sophia Amoruso, the founder of Nasty Gal and author of #Girlboss, interviews other #Girlbosses like Alexa von Tobel (creator of Learnvest). There’s a lot of insight, and the opening segment before the interview is usually pretty hilarious.
- Magic Lessons. Author Elizabeth Gilbert of Eat, Pray, Love and Big Magic fame hosts this podcast where she sort of coaches a few women through creative rough patches or decisions in their businesses. Usually, she spends one full episode taking a crack at answering the women’s questions herself and the next episode she brings in another creative to get their insight.
- After the Jump. A wonderful podcast hosted by Grace Bonney of Design Sponge with no recent episodes. Hopefully, they’ll be new ones eventually. However, there is a ton of content to keep you occupied in catching up. She’s got business advice for all sorts of different types – handmade, online, print magazines…Lots of good advice here.
There are so many great podcasts available right now. Do you listen to any? What are your favorites? I’d love to know! Leave a comment telling me about the ones you enjoy!
This is a guest post from Alison Willoughby. Ali is a virtual assistant, freelance writer, and self-care enthusiast. Visit her at Ali The Happy VA.
This post contains affiliate links which means that if you follow one of these links and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Of course you are never obligated to make your purchase using my links, but please know that I will never share a product or service with you unless I truly believe it will benefit you, your business, and your customers and readers.
If you liked this post, take a look at these!
Latest posts by Christina Berry (see all)
- 5 Tips to Prepare for Being Away From the Office - March 6, 2017
- 6 Things to Do at Night to Ensure a Successful Morning - February 27, 2017
- 3 Reasons to Partner With a Virtual Assistant in 2017 - February 20, 2017