Are you using Instagram for your blog or business?
With more than 400 million users, Instagram is definitely the place to be nowadays. And as a highly visual platform, it’s an amazing place to promote your blog or small business. Having a large and engaged Instagram following can mean more traffic to your blog or website, more sales for your business, and more recognition for your brand. And the best part? It’s totally free.
But how do you grow your following? And more importantly, how do you get your followers to engage with you on Instagram? Keep reading because today I’m sharing 5 ways to grow your Instagram following, as well as ways to create an interactive and engaged community there.
- Brand your photos. Creating a theme for your images will give your Instagram account a well put-together look that people will immediately recognize. Always use the same filters, fonts, and colors on your images to create a cohesive brand experience for your followers.
- Follow the big dogs. Who are the big popular Instagram accounts in your niche? You want to follow these accounts and be active on them, because many of their followers can become your followers, but you have to help them find you. Comment on and like photos from the big players in your niche, and then follow and comment on the photos of their followers. I’ve found you’ll generally get a really good response and people will follow you back.
- Learn to love the hash tag. Hash tags play a very important role on Instagram. They’re how others can easily find the posts that they’re interested in. Create your own hash tag and use it every time you post, and be sure to use other hash tags that are popular in your niche (look at the hash tags being used by the big dogs if you need examples). Experts believe that 5-10 hash tags per post are super effective for connecting you to topics that users are searching for.
- Give your followers a “call to action”. Ask a question at the end of your IG post. Remind your followers to “like” or share your photo with their friends. Suggest they tag a friend who would also enjoy the post. Don’t expect your followers to know what to do; they’re far more likely to engage with your post when you tell them how to do it with a call to action.
- Acknowledge your followers. If someone takes the time to comment on your post, show your appreciation by responding to their comment and tagging them in your response. People are going to be more likely to continue to engage with you when they know you appreciate them.
What have you done to grow your Instagram following? I’d love for you to share your tips and tricks in a comment below.
If you liked this post, take a look at these!
Latest posts by Christina Berry (see all)
- 3 Reasons to Partner With a Virtual Assistant in 2017 - February 20, 2017
- 7 Habits For a Great Morning Routine - February 13, 2017
- 6 Things Your Social Media Manager Should Be Doing for You - February 6, 2017