Raise your hand if you’d love a long, luxurious day of pampering at an upscale spa. Ah, that sounds incredible, doesn’t it? But here’s where the record scratches: ain’t nobody got time for that!
The reality is that people are getting less sleep, working longer hours, and suffering from more stress-related illnesses than ever before. We’re so busy, and so many of us struggle to find the time to take care of ourselves. There’s just not enough time in the day. If that’s how you feel, keep reading. I’m going to share 10 ways to relax when you don’t have time to relax.
- Make your shower products do double duty. Your shower is your mini sanctuary, regardless of how much time you actually get in there. Stock up on products that not only get the job done and also offer a spa-treatment quality, like a mud mask or exfoliating scrub.
- Create the perfect bedroom for a restful night’s sleep. While it may not feel like it, we spend a third of our lives in bed. The way I see it, a good life starts with a good night’s sleep, and you owe that to yourself. It’s the ultimate in relaxation.
- Download the free versions of Spotify and/or Pandora. You probably already know that music can positively impact both the body and mind. You might find yourself being more productive at work and less stressed with a simple pair of ear buds plugged into your phone. Listen to whatever kind of music you enjoy, as long as it puts you at ease and helps you loosen up a bit.
- Use a foot massager under your desk. What a great way to treat yourself while you’re trying to get a little work done.
- Make tea time your new habit. While these teas won’t give the jolt of energy you need to get you through an afternoon slump, you may want to consider incorporating an herbal tea into your daily routine, whether you’re at work or unwinding at the end of the day. Chamomile, green tea, kava, and valerian root tea have been shown to have many potential health benefits.
- Bring the outdoors in. Gorgeous plants are easy to incorporate into your décor. The pop of color will give you a psychological boost, while the plant itself cleans the air for you!
- Take a moment to stretch. You may be working so intently that you don’t even notice your jaw is clenched or your shoulders are tight. Loosening up with a few quick stretches every hour or so is relaxing and might also help you to regain focus.
- Use products containing lavender for relaxation. Candles and lotions are just a couple of ideas for incorporating the health and relaxation benefits of lavender into your day. There are so many amazing reasons to fall in love with lavender.
- Try diffusing essential oils. There are so many oils that are marvelous for inducing calm and relaxation. Find your favorites and use them often.
- Add an herbal supplement. There are so many great benefits for taking supplements. Of course you should talk with your doctor before starting any new vitamin or supplement regimen.
These are just a few ways you can take a moment to relax even if you feel like you don’t have the time. Your mind and body will thank you for giving them a break, and you’ll feel better and more productive afterwards.
Do you have any tips for great relaxation? I’d love for you to share them with me in a comment below!
This post contains affiliate links which means that if you follow one of these links and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Of course you are never obligated to make your purchase using my links, but please know that I will never share a product or service with you unless I truly believe it will benefit you, your business, and your customers and readers.
If you liked this post, take a look at these!
Latest posts by Christina Berry (see all)
- 5 Tips to Prepare for Being Away From the Office - March 6, 2017
- 6 Things to Do at Night to Ensure a Successful Morning - February 27, 2017
- 3 Reasons to Partner With a Virtual Assistant in 2017 - February 20, 2017